Written by: Katherine
Date: April 13, 2021
About This Quiz
Nowadays, we witness more and more families formed by parents who once had other previous relationships and from these children emerged. We also know, and we realize, that coexistence between stepchildren and stepfathers or stepmothers is not easy and simple, different personalities, this is the case all over the world. The stepparents’ presence becomes negative or positive depending on the treatment that children (or stepchildren) receive from the family in general. The entry of a new partner in the life of the family can be a shock to some children, after all, they can have some difficulty in dividing those they love the most.
Furthermore, having a stepfather or stepmother is, in a way, the confirmation of a harsh reality for children: that the father and mother will definitely not be together anymore. So for many men and women, finding a companion who already has children may require an extra dose of tolerance and play around. The first contacts should be used to get closer, but when living with the child becomes intense, it is up to the new partner of the father or mother to participate more actively in the child’s life, helping in the care of the child. And if you are a young person, sure you can get along well with your new also young sibs. Everyone needs to be open-minded! Now, find out what’s the quality of the relationship between your step-siblings with this special quiz!
Your father is spending much more time with his new wife than with you, what do you do?
- I'm going to spend $500 from his credit card to call his attention
- I'm going to tell him I miss our time together
- I'm going to let them enjoy it
Your new stepbrother is always asking you to pay things for him, what do you do?
- I don't mind spending some money with him
- I will pay some cheap things only
- I tell him to go find a job and pay his own stuff
Your stepbrother is using your new shoes, what do you do?
- I would discuss with him
- I would ignore it
- I wouldn't mind
Your stepmother is always bad-mouthing your mom, how do you react?
- I tell her to shut up
- I leave the room when she starts doing it
- I explain to her I don't like it when she talks about my mom like that
With who do you spend your holidays?
- My dad
- I'm forced to spend it with my stepfather
- With both my dad and stepfather, they get along well
Describe your new stepmom:
The new husband of your mom said you are going to need to sleep on the couch because of something he is doing, what's your reaction?
- I refuse to sleep on the couch
- I would be a little mad, but I would sleep there anyway
- I would be Ok with it, he is a cool guy
Do your stepbrother gets more attention from his dad than you?
- Yes, this gets me mad
- Yes, but I know this is normal
- No, we receive the same amount of attention
Would you call your new stepfather a dad?
- Not too soon
- I would consider it
- I think so, what's the problem?
Your new stepfather wants to come to watch your school's presentation, but he doesn't want to sit near your dad, what do you do?
- I tell him he doesn't need to come
- I would pretend I heard nothing
- I will tell him my dad will come anyway
Your dad and mom keep fighting over who will stay with you on the weekend, what do you do?
- I would tell both to stop with this!
- I would just ignore it and go take a walk
- I would sit with both to try to solve things peacefully