Written by: Billie
Date: August 25, 2020
About This Quiz
Great moments lived by Chandler, Joey, Monica, Phoebe, Rachel, and Ross were accompanied by remarkable songs.
How well do you know the Friends theme songs?
Rachel, Monica, Ross, Joey, Phoebe, and Chandler form a group of six Friends who struggle to excel and progress in the competitive life of Manhattan. Work, family, responsibility, money, sex, commitment and, above all, love and friendship, are some of the themes that concern and sometimes amuse these characters. It was no coincidence that the sofa at Central Perk, the café where they meet to talk, was replaced twice from overuse. This series was filmed for ten seasons, achieving success after success. Its promotional soundtrack, “I will be there for you” (Rembrandts), is as famous as the program, as its message and chorus perfectly define the meaning of the series’ existence.
Throughout the many episodes of this fan-favorite series, we get the chance to fall in love with the soundtrack. That’s how we can remember the scenes and unforgettable moments of our beloved characters. The Friends soundtrack, despite few known artists, is a strong feature of the history of these six New York friends. To the delight of the fans, two compilation CDs of songs played in the episodes of the series were released (in 1995 and 1999), with excerpts from memorable dialogues between friends, making listening to the CD much more fun.
During the montage of Monica and Phoebe taking care of the Coma Guy, which song is played?
- "Break On Through" by The Doors"
- “My Guy” by Mary Wells"
- "A Horse with No Name" by America"
- "With or Without You” by U2"
Which song does Ross request in a radio station to get Rachel to forgive him after he makes a list about her?
- “With or Without You” by U2"
- "What Is Love" by Haddaway"
- "Hey Jude" by The Beatles"
- "Modern Love" by David Bowie"
What’s on the soundtrack when Joey arrives at his Las Vegas film set?
- "Wild Horses" by The Rolling Stones"
- "Paint It Black" by The Rolling Stones"
- "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio"
- “A Horse with No Name” by America"
Which song does Monica immediately name when Mike and Phoebe press her to do karaoke?
- "Fantasy" by Mariah Carey"
- "Without You" by Mariah Carey"
- “Delta Dawn” by Tanya Tucker"
- "Believe" by Cher"
After first turning on the educational lecture by mistake, Ross puts on what song in the planetarium when he and Rachel first sleep together?
- “Wicked Game” by Chris Isaak"
- "Just The Way You Are" by Barry White"
- "God Only Knows" by Pet Sounds"
- "You Make My Dreams" by Voices"
What song does Ross try to learn to play on the bagpipes?
- "Stayin' Alive by Saturday Night Fever"
- "I Will Survive" by Love Tracks"
- "Disco Inferno" by Disco Inferno"
- “Celebration” by Kool and the Gang"
Which inappropriate song Ross sings to make Emma laugh for the first time?
- "I Can't Get No" by The Rolling Stones"
- “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot"
- "The End" by The Doors"
- "Born In The U.S.A" by Bruce Springsteen"
Monica and Chandler kiss after finding the dice under the craps table to the strains of which song on the soundtrack?
- “Everybody Loves Somebody” by Dean Martin"
- "Unchained Melody" by Righteous Brothers"
- "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper"
- "Purple Rain" by Prince"
What's Phoebe singing about in this song? 'Crazy ______ creepin' up my butt. Crazy ______, always in a rut. Crazy ______....'
- Toilet paper
What song does Ross use as the basis for his new answering machine message when he’s living at Joey and Chandler’s?
- "Under Pressure" by Queen"
- “We Will Rock You” by Queen"
- "Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue"
- "Sad But True" by Metallica"
Which instrumental track can be heard as the camera pans across the empty apartment in the final episode?
- "Anything You Want" by David Coverdale"
- "Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles"
- “Embryonic Journey” by Jefferson Airplane"
- "Fat Old Sun" by Pink Floyd"
What song played while Monica and Pete were in Italy at the Pizza shop?
- "That's Amore" by Dean Martin"
- "Dancing Queen" by Abba"
- "Bet Of My Love" by Emotions"
- "Sex Machine" by James Brown"
What song played when Phoebe, Chandler, and Monica first arrived in Vegas?
- "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie"
- "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson"
- "Take On Me" by A-Ha"
- "The Love of Money" by The O'Jays"
What song played every time Cassie (Denise Richards) swung her hair around?
- "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana"
- "I'm Going to Love You Just a Little More, Baby" by Barry White"
- "Creep" by Radiohead"
- "End Of The Road" by Boyz II Men"
Where is Phoebe when she sings 'Whenever I get married, guess who won't get to sing?
- In the hallway between Monica and Joey's apartments
- Outside Monica and Chandler's bedroom
- In Central Perk
- In a theater in the city